If you are diabetic, you are at risk of developing diabetic foot. Uncontrolled blood glucose over time may result in neuropathy and harm your toes. Your toes are going to have little if any feeling and due to this it is simple to injure them. If you want to know more about diabetic shoes you can log in to http://www.welcaresupply.com/diabetic-shoes.
Now, because your feet are specific you need to wear diabetic shoes to protect your toes from additional damage and harm. If you are shy to wear disposable shoes believing that they’re too ugly or bulky, you will find stylish and tasteful diabetic shoes which don’t give off its definition as parasitic.
- Pick comfortable shoes that fit you nicely. Start looking for shoes that have tons of space where you are able to wiggle your feet. Do not buy shoes that are tight fitting. If your toes are already damaged from neuropathy you won’t feel pressure from tight shoes and may cause more harm.
- If you are wearing orthotics, you will find diabetic shoes which have additional thickness. The added thickness can accommodate your own prescribed orthotics
- Choose shoes made out of wool, suede or leather. Do not wear shoes made from plastic or other substances which don’t breathe.
- Pick diabetic shoes which are waterproof so that your feet will not get wet in a downpour.
- Choose shoes that may control odor.