Things are getting crazy busy with my part-time job starting up and I have been zipping out the door with an embarrassingly bare face. (I won’t even touch the lack of hair brushing that is happening.)
There is nothing wrong with wearing minimal makeup, but I’m not even slapping some concealer or mascara on and it’s getting ugly.
When a friend texted this AM, that she’d gotten mascara in her bangs, (how the heck do you get that out?!) it became clear that the summer to fall transition is just not going well and we may need a “Back-to-school” refresher course before we abandon our jobs for the beach. So, without further ado…
Tips for a 5-minute face
1. Splash some cold water on your face to get some blood flowing. Dab dry, but not completely and apply your moisturizer; oil-free or moisturizing. Whatever your skin type needs. I like ones that have some SPF, but I’m not going to preach on that. This is a 5-minute face, but your skin is the canvas, so prep it right.
2. Use your finger to dab a nickle sized blob of liquid foundation in the center of your forehead, on your nose, on each of the apples of your cheeks, closest to your nose, and your chin. Blend, focusing on the T-zone, where the most unevenness and redness tends to be. (*If you have perfectly even-toned skin, skip this step but picture me flipping you off. Bitch!)
3. Dab your finger in a little creamy concealer and dab on any blemishes, under-eye circles, around the nose and mouth where there is usually redness or, in my case, some sun damaged skin that’s freckled under one eye. Don’t blend too, too much. (If you have anything particular beastly to cover up, bust out a concealer brush and set with powder.)
4. Depending on how much concealment/magic you just performed in step 3, you will add some blush or bronzer in one of two ways…
– Lots of cover up: Grab a powder blush and a fluffy blush brush and delicately apply on the apples of your cheeks.
– Little cover up: Grab a liquid tint blush, gel bronzer or cream blush pot or stick and use your fingers to blend on the apples of your cheeks.
5. Apply black eye liner pencil to your upper lashes only. Don’t smudge it in. Curl your lashes and apply black mascara. Grab a pink-y colored lip gloss and apply on your way out the door.
Extra credit: Scrape your hair into a low ponytail, parted to the side and grab some diamond or pearl stud earrings. Tame any flyaways with a little styling cream and you’re classically polished without putting much effort into it. BAM!
I could go on and on about the importance of drinking plenty of water, getting lots of sleep, using an eye cream at night, exfoliating a few times a week, and always wearing sun block, but seriously, who is that good?
…actually, you definitely MUST wear sunblock so you don’t look like a leather bag in your old age. So please try!
For the tremendously time-strapped or the extremely lazy
If you do nothing else in terms of prep, just apply self-tanner to your face every few nights. You’ll wake up with a bit of a tan, which makes everyone look better. There. You know ALL my secrets now.
Hope you guys enjoy!